Download a pdf of this project to read on your computer or tablet
This bracelet is made using even count peyote stitch.
1. Cut approximately five feet of thread. String on six Miyuki 10/0 Delica beads (DBM).
2. String one DBM keeping it apart from the other six. Moving from right to left, skip over one DBM and pass through the next.
3. Pull thread tightly to secure. The two DBM beads on the right edge should stack one on top of the other.
4. String one DBM.
5. Skip over one DBM and pass through the next.
6. Pull thread to secure.
7. String one DBM.
8. Skip one DBM and pass through the next completing the row.
9. String one DBM, turn and pass through the slightly raised DBM to the right.
10. Repeat to the end of the row. Each new bead should sit in the lowered space between the beads added in the previous row.
11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for a total of five peyote stitched rows.
12. Stitch row six by adding three Miyuki 10/0 Triangle beads (TR10).
13. Continue stitching with the TR10 beads. The bracelet will begin to widen.
14. Stitch three additional rows (for a total of five) using the TR10 beads.
15. Repeat steps 12-14 using the Miyuki 8/0 Triangle beads (TR8). The TR8 rows will create the widest sections of the the bracelet.
16. Stitch five rows with the TR10 beads, narrowing the width of the bracelet.
17. Stitch five more rows with the DBM beads. The rows of DBM beads create the narrowest sections of the bracelet.
18. Continue to Peyote stitch repeating steps 12-17 six more times or to desired length.
19. Following the thread path, circle through the DBM beads exiting the top DBM in the final row.
20. With the clasp facing up (the lever should be visible) stitch through the upper ring.
21. Pass up through the next DBM.
22. Repeat steps 19-21 two more times to reinforce.
23. Follow the thread path down through the DBM beads. Exit the last DBM in the second to last row.
24. Pass through the lower ring of the clasp, and the next DBM bead.
25. Circle through the DBM beads and ring, exiting the bottom DBM in the final row. Repeat two more times to reinforce.
26. Sew in and trim excess thread.
27. Repeat steps 19-26 to attach the second side of the clasp. Make sure it is facing right side up and can connect the other side of the clasp.
28. Your bracelet is now complete. This pattern will make a bracelet approximately 7.25" long.
Explore more Original Jewelry Kits.